Arthritis is the general name for joint pain. It is not a single disease, but rather a joint disease. Currently, over 50 million people have been diagnosed with arthritis. Arthritis is the leading cause of disabilities in the US, and it mostly affects women and old aged people. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis.
It is also known as degenerative joint disease. As its name suggests, it is characterized by degeneration of cartilage (the soft tissue in the joint), as the soft tissue wears out the bones in the joints rub against each other, causing pain and swelling hence stiffness. Although there is no cure for this, there are many treatments offered at Osteo Relief Institute for pain relief and protecting quality life. To minimize the scope of osteoarthritis self-management and the patient’s commitment is critical.The self-management practices fall into categories such as exercises, daily routine, and medical treatments. http://www.longislandosteorelief.com/
• Avoid over using a single joint which may cause wearing of the cartilage.
• Adjust your positions when reading, watching or working. Stand and walk around after some time.
• Do some gentle exercise before going to bed
• Avoid smoking.
• Don’t commit yourself to activity beyond your ability.
• It is important to do physical activity to ease the pain.
• Do an activity that builds the muscles. DON’T stress the joint themselves.
• Include low-impact aerobics in your exercises.
• Under the medical guidance ask for NSAIDS, topical analgesics, acetaminophen.
• Seek help from a physical Therapist so that he/she can help you learn to move.
• If these measures have failed there is an option of surgical repair of the joints.
About Osteo Relief Institute
It is located in Wall Township in the Shore Region, the primary goal of the Osteo Relief Institute is helping you feel better and reduce the pain of your knee joint using therapies and procedures without surgery. It has the best, the most advanced and efficacious OA knee treatment available. Whether you are suffering from severe osteoarthritis or minor pain, we have several options using their modern technology to administer treatment.
We have invested in the advanced tools to pinpoint on the pain and provide accurate and precise treatment for your joint. At Osteo Relief Institute, they offer free introductory screening to see if their treatment could help you get relief. They created the joint pain relief program to ensure you stay active, healthy and without stress.